The Book collection has been developed to complement the activities of the Croatian Parliament. It contains 30,000 volumes that cover a variety of subjects in the social sciences and humanities. The reference collection contains encyclopaedias, dictionaries, atlases, lexicons, bibliographies, year-books and directories. Reference books are meant for exclusive use in the Library’s reading room and may not be borrowed.
A portion of the Library collection, that dating from 1990 to the present, can be searched through the online catalogue. Information on the remaining portion of the Library’s collection can be obtained from the card catalogue.
The Periodicals collection includes daily and weekly newspapers, Croatian and foreign journals, official publications of the Republic of Croatia and the former Yugoslav republics, and a selection of official publications published by international organisations.
The Library keeps only the last two years of newspapers and last four years of journals. Periodicals are meant for exclusive use in the Library’s reading room and may not be borrowed.
The Special collection safeguards rare books that show the legal, historical and legislative continuity of the Croatian Parliament, as well as other valuable editions from Croatian history and culture:
- Parliamentary Transcripts, 1861-1980
- A collection of official publications, journals and newspapers from the nineteenth century
- Publications of the Croatian Academy of Arts and Science dating from 1867 to the present
- A collection of books on Croatia’s legal history and legislation
- A collection of books on the legal history of Austria, Germany and Hungary
Items from the Special Collection can be only used in the Library’s reading room and may not be borrowed.