The Croatian Parliament is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Law on the Accessibility of Websites and Software Solutions for Mobile Devices of Public Sector Bodies of the Republic of Croatia (official gazette of the Republic of Croatia Narodne novine No. 17/19) of 23 September 2019, transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies (OJ L 327, 2 December 2016).
This accessibility statement applies to the website of the Croatian Parliament under the domain https://www.sabor.hr.
The Croatian Parliament is committed to adjust the website and associated applications in order to make all content easily accessible to persons with disabilities. When ensuring digital accessibility, account shall be taken of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.1 with respect both to the platform and the content. Digital accessibility is further ensured by adding a widget in the form of a special accessibility menu.
The following adjustments of the website have been made
- the website is compatible with the HTML5 standard, which assists, among other things, the structural elements of the sites necessary for the use of screen readers, structuring content for better accessibility and other benefits
- compatible font adapted to the needs of people with reading difficulties including dyslexia
- consistent left-margin alignment for easier readability
- change of font size and thickness to achieve better visibility, legibility and recognisability of characters enabled
- change of character spacing for easier readability enabled
- change of font size without loss of surrounding text enabled
- adjustment of line spacing in the text enabled
- change of colour and contrast of text background enabled
- customization and memorising accessibility customization settings enabled
- <alt> attributes for images, graphs and diagrams partially systematized
- links in the text are underlined or otherwise clearly marked
- links are mainly descriptive and provide information about the linked content
- there is no audio or video content on the site that runs on its own without user interaction
- sounds on the recorded audio and video content are clear and understandable
- audio and video files can be easily started, stopped and restarted
- audio and video files contain a text description in Croatian that clearly indicates the functionality of the button
- size of the icons is satisfactory
- there are no time-limited forms or scripts on the site
- site is responsive and adapted to displays on all software platforms and devices
- navigation is consistent and simple, with a minimum number of levels
- there is no space between menu and submenu so the menu does not „disappear“
- skip navigation possibility by using a clickable navigation path (breadcrumb trail)
- no flashing elements on the sites
- elements of the sites that are not constantly displayed are opened and closed by click, not by moving the cursor over them, and they are initially reduced and uniform in appearance on the website
The website https://www.sabor.hr is partly compliant with the Law on the Accessibility of Websites and Software Solutions for Mobile Devices of Public Sector Bodies, the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.1 and the Guidelines of the Croatian Academic and Research Network – CARNet for ensuring digital accessibility, with some exceptions (non-compliance) as listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- some images and files do not have an appropriate text description (alt text),
- some images, tables and graphs do not contain a caption,
- some files are not available in a format that can be read by the screen reader,
- audio and video content is normally without subtitles,
- there is partly text in the form of image files mainly for organizational and technical reasons,
- visual verification (Captcha) does not include the possibility of audio verification,
- part of the content published on the subdomains of the website is generally not accessible for technical reasons.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16 December 2020 by using the model accessibility statement that is in compliance with the Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies, as established by the Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/1523.
The assessment of compliance with accessibility requirements is the result of a self-assessment by the Croatian Parliament.
The statement was last reviewed on 16 December 2020.
The Croatian Parliament will regularly revise this statement after eliminating the reasons for non-accessibility of certain content.
Feedback and contact information
The users of this website are kindly asked to notify the Croatian Parliament about any non-compliant content not included in this statement.
The Croatian Parliament shall endeavour to eliminate the observed non-compliance failures and further work to improve digital accessibility of the website in 2021.
All inquiries related to the accessibility of the website of the Croatian Parliament users can send via email to: email@example.com.
The body responsible for monitoring the compliance of websites and software solutions for mobile devices of public sector bodies with accessibility requirements and supervising the implementation of the Accessibility Law is the Information Commissioner of the Republic of Croatia.
In case of unsatisfactory responses to the notification or request for feedback on the accessibility of this website, users can contact the Information Commissioner via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.