10th term of the Croatian Parliament (22 July 2020)
Domestic Policy and National Security Committee
Scope of work
The Domestic Policy and National Security Committee shall establish and monitor the implementation of policies, and in procedures to enact legislation and other regulations it shall have the rights and duties of a competent working body in matters pertaining to:
- the structure and authority of state administration bodies in the field of internal affairs;
- control and oversight of the work of the police;
- citizenship and the personal status of citizens;
- state and public security, traffic safety, information security, fire protection and protection from natural disasters;
- reports from the Central Auditing Office and criminal investigation police in the portion that pertains to irregularities in the financial operations of state bodies;
- other matters of internal policy and national security.
The Committee shall oversee the bodies of the security and intelligence system pursuant to law, particularly with a view to the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms established by the Constitution of the Republic of Croatia, and shall provide opinions on the appointment of directors of security agencies in accordance with the Constitution.